Monday, November 07, 2005

A prank I played yesterday! - lol

I recently received a marriage invitation to one of my close friend's marriage. He had sent it to the whole RECT-ian yahoogroup. So yesterday when I was bit bored, I just played a prank to see how many people do actually read the mails before replying. So what I did was, I wrote the same with some changes and sent it back to the 3 yahoogroups I am associated with. What I found out was majority of the people do not even read mails before replying :)).. They dont know the content and they just read the Subject line and reply..Check it out ;) Anandji, I am turning out to be Jaga Nataka Suthrathari :P - lol


Original Marriage Invitation which I received:

Subject: xx's Marriage!

Dear all,

Hope you are all doing fine! I know I have not mailed you in past for quite sometime! Sorry about that.But I have a good news to share with you and I request you to come down for the occasion and wish me. Yes...Iam getting married on ** of November to **. She is also from ** and marriage will be in **. I will send the formal invitation once it is ready,but just wanted to convey this good news to all of you, so that you could plan accordingly. I will be very happy if you all come to the marriage and wish me.With the formal invitation, I shall provide the venu eand timings information. You are cordially invited forthe marriage :-) Please consider this as a personal invitation and I request you to attend the same with your family and friends.

Thank You
Your lovingly
****.

The prank invitation I sent to my yahoogroups!:

Subject: Arjuna Sathiaseelan's Marriage!
Dear all,

Hope you are all doing fine! I know I have not mailed you in past for quite some time! Sorry about that.But I have a good news to share with you and I request you "not" to come down for the occasion and wish me. Yes...I am "not" getting married! I will "not" send any formal invitation, since there is no marriage, but just wanted to convey this good news to all of you.Please consider this as a personal invitation and I request you "not" to attend the same with your family and friends.

Thank You
Your lovingly
Arjuna Sathiaseelan ;)

A reply I got - lol
Subject: Re:Arjuna Sathiaseelan's Marriage!

Hi arjuna,
nalamaai vaala valamaana vaalthukkal.
Mmmmm Ponnu yaarunnau sollavea illa....

14 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 8:50 AM, Blogger krishna said...

leelayin poruzhey leelai seigirathu ..yenney vEdikkai

 
At November 07, 2005 9:45 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

good fun. i will replay after reading the mail.

 
At November 07, 2005 10:47 AM, Blogger Parvati said...

Aiyo! Ungallukku vera velaiye illaiya? The sooner you go to Aberdeen and start working yourself (without making Lord Arunachala do all the research work), the better it is for your yahoogroup buddies!

Kuzhandhai maadhiri behave pannrelle?

 
At November 07, 2005 10:56 AM, Blogger Sriram C S said...

uruppadiyaana velai seyreenga...enna our aaraaichi!!

 
At November 07, 2005 11:40 AM, Blogger RËÅGÂÑ™ said...

Nice one Arjuna! Seems pretty lollu :-) hehehe...

 
At November 07, 2005 5:42 PM, Blogger Jo said...

ROTFL!!! Man! And you did let these guys know? Just to see their expression! Ha ha ha...

 
At November 07, 2005 6:29 PM, Anonymous Raju said...

LOL.. I read the entire content of any mail/ blog / comment before responding.. Pozhudhu pogadha bommu-nnu kelvipattirukkeengala? Ippo adhu neengadhan..

 
At November 07, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger Arjuna_Speaks said...

Krishna - :))

jeevan - ithu romba over :))

Parvati - I am an unemployed youth :(( - so no job - nothing to do - atleast let me do these type of things properly :))

sriram - romba nandri ;)

reagan - :))

Jo - yeah then I told them to read the mails properly :))

Raju - :))..romba thanks :))

 
At November 08, 2005 1:34 AM, Blogger visithra said...

Hehehe ithu nalla iruhkeh hummm I shall try this ;)

 
At November 08, 2005 4:36 AM, Blogger Sumonk said...

Man, that was too good. I had a good laugh :-)

Have fun
Suman

 
At November 08, 2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Arjuna_Speaks said...

Visithra - :))

Sumon - thanks man :))

 
At November 09, 2005 4:56 PM, Blogger Prabu Karthik said...

ada paavigala!!! :)

(read it in vivek style)

 
At November 09, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger Saravana Kumar said...

kozhuppunu solluvaanga theriyuma kozhuppu :P ... just kidding

 
At November 10, 2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Arjuna_Speaks said...

Prabhu - he he he :))

Saravanan - kollupu! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home