Monday, November 07, 2005

A prank I played yesterday! - lol

I recently received a marriage invitation to one of my close friend's marriage. He had sent it to the whole RECT-ian yahoogroup. So yesterday when I was bit bored, I just played a prank to see how many people do actually read the mails before replying. So what I did was, I wrote the same with some changes and sent it back to the 3 yahoogroups I am associated with. What I found out was majority of the people do not even read mails before replying :)).. They dont know the content and they just read the Subject line and reply..Check it out ;) Anandji, I am turning out to be Jaga Nataka Suthrathari :P - lol


Original Marriage Invitation which I received:

Subject: xx's Marriage!

Dear all,

Hope you are all doing fine! I know I have not mailed you in past for quite sometime! Sorry about that.But I have a good news to share with you and I request you to come down for the occasion and wish me. Yes...Iam getting married on ** of November to **. She is also from ** and marriage will be in **. I will send the formal invitation once it is ready,but just wanted to convey this good news to all of you, so that you could plan accordingly. I will be very happy if you all come to the marriage and wish me.With the formal invitation, I shall provide the venu eand timings information. You are cordially invited forthe marriage :-) Please consider this as a personal invitation and I request you to attend the same with your family and friends.

Thank You
Your lovingly
****.

The prank invitation I sent to my yahoogroups!:

Subject: Arjuna Sathiaseelan's Marriage!
Dear all,

Hope you are all doing fine! I know I have not mailed you in past for quite some time! Sorry about that.But I have a good news to share with you and I request you "not" to come down for the occasion and wish me. Yes...I am "not" getting married! I will "not" send any formal invitation, since there is no marriage, but just wanted to convey this good news to all of you.Please consider this as a personal invitation and I request you "not" to attend the same with your family and friends.

Thank You
Your lovingly
Arjuna Sathiaseelan ;)

A reply I got - lol
Subject: Re:Arjuna Sathiaseelan's Marriage!

Hi arjuna,
nalamaai vaala valamaana vaalthukkal.
Mmmmm Ponnu yaarunnau sollavea illa....

12 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 8:50 AM, Blogger krishna said...

leelayin poruzhey leelai seigirathu ..yenney vEdikkai

 
At November 07, 2005 9:45 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

good fun. i will replay after reading the mail.

 
At November 07, 2005 10:56 AM, Blogger Agnibarathi said...

uruppadiyaana velai seyreenga...enna our aaraaichi!!

 
At November 07, 2005 5:42 PM, Blogger Jo said...

ROTFL!!! Man! And you did let these guys know? Just to see their expression! Ha ha ha...

 
At November 07, 2005 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.. I read the entire content of any mail/ blog / comment before responding.. Pozhudhu pogadha bommu-nnu kelvipattirukkeengala? Ippo adhu neengadhan..

 
At November 07, 2005 11:16 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Krishna - :))

jeevan - ithu romba over :))

Parvati - I am an unemployed youth :(( - so no job - nothing to do - atleast let me do these type of things properly :))

sriram - romba nandri ;)

reagan - :))

Jo - yeah then I told them to read the mails properly :))

Raju - :))..romba thanks :))

 
At November 08, 2005 1:34 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

Hehehe ithu nalla iruhkeh hummm I shall try this ;)

 
At November 08, 2005 4:36 AM, Blogger SongOfSoul said...

Man, that was too good. I had a good laugh :-)

Have fun
Suman

 
At November 08, 2005 9:49 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Visithra - :))

Sumon - thanks man :))

 
At November 09, 2005 4:56 PM, Blogger expertdabbler said...

ada paavigala!!! :)

(read it in vivek style)

 
At November 09, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger Saravana said...

kozhuppunu solluvaanga theriyuma kozhuppu :P ... just kidding

 
At November 10, 2005 9:52 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Prabhu - he he he :))

Saravanan - kollupu! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home