Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Destination Chennai

I will be in Chennai this sunday! I always preferred British Airways to take me to Chennai, but the return journey starts at 4:00 am in the morning and that's ridiculous! It completely spoils my system since I never use any outside toilets! Yucky!So as usual I am flying by Srilankan Airlines..even though I like their services and the beautiful lankan air hostesses, I hate the 5 hour transit time in Colombo. I always make it a point to eat the chicken sandwiches in the airport restaurant. I just love them :).

I usually do not have any friends in Chennai considering the fact I lived there for 15 years..since contrary to my blogger image as a friendly,funny person, I prefer sitting in my home (Parvati, u hearing me :) ) and chatting with my mother rather than moving around with friends! The only friend I meet while I am in Chennai is my best friend Sriram who luckily will be in Chennai inspite of his busy schedule in South Korea! So will be roaming around with him. Last year we drove to Mayajaal in East Coast Road to play "bowling"..I taught him how to play and unfortunately he beat me in all the games we played! So this year let me see, what happens :) This year I have some new friends to meet..yeah I am talking about my blogger friends. I plan to meet Prabhu Karthik, Jeevan, Aditya, Anand and interestingly my dear blogger friend Aatma will also be in Chennai next week for 5 days :)..So I will be meeting him as well :)..Anand and I will be having some marathon discussions about philosophy and religion, but still Anand prefers me to tell my love stories rather than discussing philosophy!

As usual I will be visiting my Divine Father's place in Tiruvanamalai. This time I plan to be there all alone for 3 days! Circumbulate the Holy Hill, meditation and also need to do some retrospection about my character,spiritual progress and death! I wanted to stay in Ramana Ashram, but they say that foreigners need to register with the police and that is a tiresome process..So will be staying in Hotel Arunachala as usual! I am just waiting to step my feet into my Father's Heavenly Abode! I will also visit Tiruvanamalai again along with my mother before leaving to London.

I also make it a point to go to Puttaparthy every year to have dharshan of my Lord Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba along with my mother. I am not sure about the roads in Andhra (because of the rain)..but lets see..If He wills, then I will be there..

Then my usual visits to my favourite restaurant VB aka Vasantha Bhavan..The tandoori food is just awesome..Just waiting to hog the naan, cauliflower manchurian and malai kofta! Yum Yum!
The morning breakfasts at Srinidhi ( a small restaurant near my house in Anna Nagar)..I will be having my usual Podi masala dosai (no ghee) with 2 crispy mouth watering special vadais! Awesome!

Will also catch on some movies especially Cheran's Thavamai Thavamirunthu..I also have to watch Asin's movies in the theatre since I have never watched her in the theatre! Just waiting to clap when her name comes on the screen ;)

Not to forget my daily trip to the Chandramouleeswarar temple near my house and the weekend trip to Kabaleeshwarar temple in Mylapore and having dinner at Vasantha Bhavan..

Wow - this is life man! So guys, see you from Chennai if and only if the plane lands safely else I will catch you from Sivaloka! How I wish, going to Sivaloka was so easy!

44 Comments:

At November 10, 2005 12:00 AM, Blogger krishna said...

have fun dude..

get some blessing from lord arunachala and puttaparthi bhagwan for me too :)

i had to cancel my india trip ..it's been a year and a half already since i came to the US of A since i am having pushing to graduate this semester..

 
At November 10, 2005 5:00 AM, Blogger Maayaa said...

happy journey!!

 
At November 10, 2005 5:32 AM, Blogger Agnibarathi said...

Hmm...so at last your trip has happened!! Good! Good!! Do try to extend it to Bangalore when you come as far as Tiruvannamalai!! ;)

 
At November 10, 2005 6:59 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Arjuna,
Karthikai maasam in Tiruvannamalai. Possible only since you have Apeethakujambal Sametha Arunachaleshwarar anugraham!
Have a happy pilgrimage!!
U planning to visit our almamater?

 
At November 10, 2005 10:30 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Hi Arjuna, looking forward to see you in Chennai, have a safe and happy Journey.
you have a big list of places and foods in your chennai Visit.

I will sent my Phone No. through E-mail. :)

 
At November 10, 2005 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arjuna ,
be calm dude... everything will be fine...
come down to chennai and don't forget the stories about your romance lol

SARVAM SRIKRISHNAARPANAMASTHU!

 
At November 10, 2005 12:55 PM, Blogger The Doodler said...

Happy Journey!!

 
At November 10, 2005 5:42 PM, Blogger Mysorean said...

Waiting to welcome you here Arjuna! :)

 
At November 10, 2005 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you a very happy journey, Arjuna!! Best time to visit Chennai and best time to be away from London, huh?

 
At November 10, 2005 7:23 PM, Blogger Aatma said...

See you soon Buddy - this gonna be fun ;)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:43 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Krishna - thanks a lot - sure wuld definitely pray for u :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Parvati - thanks a lot - sure I would definitely keep blogging while I am in chennai..mostly what I eat,what I did etc :)..I am not taking my laptop with me this time - so I will be using the Internet centre...

 
At November 10, 2005 9:44 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Priya- thanks boss :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Sriram - I am not sure whether I will be coming to Bangalore - but incase I come - I will let u know :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

TJ - thanks boss :)..No I dont think I will be going to trichy..let me see :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Jeevan - thanks I got ur no..I will contact u next week..Even Atma wants to meet u..so we both will come together.. :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Anand - dude - will be there with my never ending love stories ;)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:46 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Subha - thanks boss :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:47 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Adi - Very eager to meet my friend :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:48 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Raju - thanks boss :)..I think the best time to go to Chennai is december/january..since I am starting work in january, I am going now :)

 
At November 10, 2005 9:48 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Atma - its gonna be great fun ;)

 
At November 11, 2005 1:31 AM, Blogger expertdabbler said...

Wow!.. sunday arrival? fantastic

call me anytime from monday onwards.

will be outa station on sunday:(

marakaama srinidhi address kudunga :D

i will show u some other sweet spots in chennai:)

 
At November 11, 2005 2:28 AM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

welcome to chennai, ensoi, mudinja meet pannelam, and cherans movie is releasin on 18th ull be rnd then?

 
At November 11, 2005 3:56 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

Hey have a wonderful safe trip ;)

interestingly thiruannamalai was the first temple I've ever visited in India that in time for Kartigai Deepam. More interesting my grandad's supposed to be from there we just don't have contacts ;)

Its always been my fav temple ;)

 
At November 11, 2005 4:04 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Lucky you ARjuna..Lucky you.!! I wish I could do that.!! Just a few minutes back I read Aatma.!!

Big list looks like. Enjoy every bit of it...take care , be safe.!!

How long is your vacation.??

Please come back and post photographs!

Have a nice time at Arunachala and please pray for us as well.!!!

My regards to your family in INdia.

PS - My wife is from Anna Nagar..!!!

 
At November 11, 2005 5:23 AM, Blogger Mysorean said...

Arjuna,

I did recieve another tag, but didn't tag you because I know that you have already done that tag once before with "7" being the number! So, I spared you! ;)

Waiting to meet you too my friend! :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:55 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

intrested to see u and atma.

 
At November 11, 2005 10:02 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Send your photo in E-mail, to identify you.

 
At November 11, 2005 1:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun in India Arjuna. Looking fwd to the photos

 
At November 11, 2005 3:31 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Have fun!!!

 
At November 11, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Ganesh said...

Thambi Arjuna
Have a safe journey and enjoy the trip and anagerndhu blog pannu, pics post pannupa :)

take care

 
At November 11, 2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Prabhu - sure will give u a call :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:00 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Visithra - thanks a lot :)..Yeah I know ur ancestors home was in Tiruvanmalai :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:01 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Narayanan sir - thanks a lot :)..I will be there for 4 weeks :)

Sure I will pray for all of u :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:01 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Adi - see u soon :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Jeevan - dont worry - I will come and meet u :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Vatsan - sure we will definitely meet - yes I will be there to see cheran's film :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:02 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

WA - thanks a lot :)

 
At November 11, 2005 9:03 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Jo - thanks boss :)

 
At November 13, 2005 1:38 AM, Blogger Venky Krishnamoorthy said...

Arjuna, Have fun!. Chennai is the most beautiful city in the world.

 
At November 14, 2005 6:18 AM, Blogger virdi said...

welcome sir welcome... come to adyar and do give a call 98841-09560... we will surely try and meet up... :-)

 
At November 14, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Venky - thanks a lot :)

 
At November 14, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Virdi - sure I noted down ur number..I will give u a call soon :)

 
At November 15, 2005 5:56 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

sathya - not yet..will go soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home