Monday, November 14, 2005

Chennai welcomes me with a Bang!

I am in Chennai :)..Before I start the topic, I wanted to say that Chennai really welcomed with a Bang! A Big Bang! Yes, some stupid motorbike driver came and banged my car from behind when I was heading home from the airport! An idiotic motorbike driver suddenly turned towards us, and my driver put a sudden break, and after 10 seconds, another idiotic motorbike driver came and bashed my car up from behind! My car is quite damaged now! That was quite a good welcome ;)

The plane journey to Colombo was good..The only hindrance was the transit flight was delayed by 2 hours in Colombo, and I ended up waiting for 7 hours! I was furious about this delay and went to the Srilankan Airlines reception to give some dose to the receptionists..But when I went there, some beautiful lankan receptionists welcomed me, and me being a women friendly person, couldnt do anything! I ended up chatting(??) to them and was telling them my personal life history since they wanted to know why am I going to Chennai? The one who was chatting to me was so pretty and she was kind enough to get me some free sandwiches and coffee ;)

I arrived home, slept for some time, called up my friend Sriram who was waiting for me without going to Bangalore. I met him and his parents, sister and cousin in his house..Then Sriram, his cousing and I went to the newly opened Saravana Bhavan in Ashok Nagar..Since we were not hungry we just ate little..The menu was: Mushroom Soup, Masala Pappad, Cauliflower 65, Poori Masala, Rotis, Naan, Vegetable Stuffed Naan, Vegetable Kofta, Dal Butter Fry..that's all - not much ;)

Then we being real food buffs, went to have icecream in MÖvenpick in Anna Salai! We drove from Ashok Nagar to Anna Salai to have dessert! Sriram wanted to have puddings in Le Meridien! Since I am on a diet ;) - I preferred having little icecream! The ice cream was too good - but the bill was bit expensive - Rs 795!!!!!

Today morning, went to the Chandramouleeswarar temple, then when I was in Nungambakam, I had a dosai and a special vadai in Hotel Raj Bhavan with my mother and sister. Now I am sitting and typing this from the Sify browsing center. I need to write down all ur numbers and I will give u all a call soon :)

15 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 9:30 AM, Blogger expertdabbler said...

ada paavi makka. 'enna irukku?' nu ketta waiter solra ellathayum oru pidi pidichuttu "not much"?

Hotel porulaadharathai thooki niruthittu thaan thiruba UK porada idea va?

 
At November 14, 2005 1:25 PM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

enna arjuna uk la pannera madri poi saravana bhavan n le meredian ellam poirukkengal? madras rangeku kaiyendhi bhavan dhaan, beach la bhajji, adu ellam vittittu nengal saravana bhavana??

apporam menu la irukkara ellam thiyum order pannittengala?

 
At November 14, 2005 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Arjuna,
welcome to chennai...
see you on sunday!

Parvatiji,
what's with the anonymity bid? your blog is not accessible anymore...

anyway
SARVAM SRIKRISHNAARPANAMASTHU!

 
At November 14, 2005 2:17 PM, Blogger Maayaa said...

verupethareengala!! ungalukku naanga enna paavam pannom..
hmnnn

 
At November 14, 2005 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nallaa round-aa thirumbhi varaporeenga :)

 
At November 14, 2005 3:46 PM, Blogger Jeevan said...

yoor suthha arambichitingalla. Pavam unga car romba adi vakiduchi. Ice cream bill 795'a!!! avvalo Ice cream ma sapitinga.

 
At November 14, 2005 4:09 PM, Blogger Ganesh said...

Arjuna bang bang
super welcomea chennaiyila ;)
apparam ashok nagarlayum SB open paniacha
seriapochupo ?
BTW do you live in Ashok Nagar ?

 
At November 14, 2005 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know you are having a real bash there..

Neengalum ennai madhiriye diet-le irukkeenga pola.. mm.. yenjoi.. :-)

 
At November 14, 2005 7:23 PM, Blogger Aatma said...

Dai Arjuna konjam ennakage vittu vidhu - Naan num varegeren sendhu sapadlam ;) Will tell u the exact date when i book my flight tickets

See you soon da

 
At November 15, 2005 1:11 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Umm.. koduthu vaithavar..neengal.!

Thanks for taking your time and updatiing from a browsing center. I think you set a record there.!! Way to go Arjuna.!

Indha ratela pohna..!! before you return to UK oru 100 Hotel review varumah??

Enjoy..!! Have a wonderful time..!! Hope to see some photos.!

 
At November 15, 2005 5:15 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Prabhu - kaanu vaikathinga ;) - lol

Parvati - :))..thanks for ur wishes :)..Yeah car is ok..just the lights are broken :)

vatsan - ennakum beach bhajji thaan pudikum..en friend-thaan SB poganum-nu kuttitu poitan :)

 
At November 15, 2005 5:16 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Anand - sure will c u this sunday :)

Priya - wait wait check my blog regularly - innum romba kadupaavinga :))

WA - naan sarath body :P - lol

Jeevan - avalvu icecream naan sapidala..en friendsum serthnu sapitanga :)

 
At November 15, 2005 5:18 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Ganesh - no I live in Anna Nagar..My friend Sriram lives in Ashok Nagar :)

Raju - naan sariyana diet ;) - lol

Aatma - waiting dude :)

Narayanan sir - I will try putting the photos I take ..since I am not sure whether I could do that from the internet center..I need to go to my cousin's house and upload it..but surely will do :)

 
At November 15, 2005 7:04 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

Lol photova hotel bhajji photo pohta nangehlam kanduka mahtom ;p

so chennailendhu oreh food blogging than? ;p

oru extra 5 rupees ku apthurindha oru round figure pay panniruhkalam 800 ku enna ice cream sapthinge???

 
At November 19, 2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Venky Krishnamoorthy said...

What a welcome, Arjuna. Hope you are safe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home