Friday, November 18, 2005

Chennai Trip (Wednesday 16th - Friday 18th)

Yesterday, nothing much from my side..My neighbour wanted me to see his new farm house he is currently building near Mahabalipuram. This is about 10 km from Mahabalipuram near Thirukalukundram..There are about 10 houses..all Srilankans..They have bought lands and are building farm houses...Quite a good place..Lots of vegetation in there..The drive to Mahabalipuram via East Coast Road was too good...Surprisingly I didnt eat out yesterday!

So to cover it, had a nice podi dosai and vadai at Vasantha Bhavan today from breakfast. I got up at 2:30 am in the morning, since I couldnt sleep..For the whole week I have been waking up so early..Still not yet recovered from the jet lag! Went to the gym at 5:00 am, had breakfast in Vasantha Bhavan then went with my mother to the Maha Prathyangira Amman temple near Sholinganallur (near the VGP beach resort)..It is a very powerful amman temple and the amman has the face of Narasimha..Its in an isolated place, but somehow my mother found out and she goes every friday to this temple. I have taken some pictures and I will upload them tommorow since these sify internet guys didnt have the driver for my camera..So I need to get it from my house..
For lunch I went to Vasantha Bhavan again and had sweet corn vegetable soup, naan, masala kulcha and cauliflower manchurian (dry).Man the cauliflower manchurian is too good..its so crispy and I could hear the krick sound whenever I munched the fried cauliflower..yum yum!

It seems Atma gave me a call today, but I wasnt there..So I will speak to him today and most probably I will arrange for a mini bloggers meet tommorow..Will give u all a call to confirm..

8 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 9:26 AM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

hey arjuna kiruba is organisin bloggers meet on the 26th, try n c if u can come 4 that

 
At November 18, 2005 9:50 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Arjuna my sister also have a farm house between Mahabalipuram and Kalpakam, it was a nice place. traveling on ECR is a very happy for me. i also saw the Maha Prathyangir Amman temple, but dint went.

Ora Vasantha Bhavan pugala irukku.

 
At November 18, 2005 1:59 PM, Blogger T.Padmhasini said...

ECR drive is a rejuvanating one when ever you want your batteries chanrged or let your fuse out and cool it out.

Maha Pratyangira Devi is indeed a powerful deity and do you know the history of this deity?

Good that you are having a nice time here.

 
At November 18, 2005 11:56 PM, Blogger Raju said...

mm.. enjoy enjoy.. innum evlo naal?

Unga post padikkumbodhu neenga saappittadhu ellam filter aguramadhiri oru program ezhudhuna ubayogama irukkum.. :-)

 
At November 19, 2005 4:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a great way to spend your days . Veetu samiyal pudikame you eat in the hotel? Sapatu pathi da nariya irruku. Good!Enjoy yourself in Chennai!

 
At November 19, 2005 5:36 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Vatsan - yeah we discussed that :)

jeevan - Vasantha Bhavan super! :)

Padmasani - yes I know about the deity - I shall put up a post on that :)

sathya - :P - lol

raju - more 3 weeks :) - ok from now onwards little food ok :)


random - no I do like home cooked food..but just wanted to eat out as well :)

 
At November 19, 2005 7:07 PM, Blogger Maayaa said...

hmmm enjoy panreenga..

indiakku pona piragu unga blogspot oru daily report aayindhuchu:)- just kidding!!

 
At November 19, 2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Venky Krishnamoorthy said...

Pls upload the pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home