Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Chennai Trip: Tuesday and Wednesday (15th and 16th)

I went and joined the newly opened Blue Moon gym yesterday night. They charge 250/- for registeration and another 770/- for a one month membership..They have 3 treadmills and that was enough for me..Yesterday night, I kept to my promise and didnt go to any restaurants to eat :P..Today morning got up at 3:30 am in the morning and went to the gym at 5:30 am..While returning I got some dosais from Hotel Saravana Bhavan and some special vadais from Hotel Srinidhi for breakfast :))..Couldnt control :P...Just went to the Prima's Bakery to get some Cashewnut tarts, Buns, Paneer Puffs and some brown bread! I luv the cashewnut tarts in Prima's..Prima's being a lankan shop is the only shop in Chennai or probably India who make Cashewnut tarts..In Srilanka we call it Cheese cakes..Its too good...MY all time favourite cake..Not too sweet..But damn good!

Certain things that piss me off in Chennai is the lack of respect for lives! My uncle who was complaining of severe chest pain went to the Sundaram Medical Foundation to get admitted. And do you know what they said? They dont have enough beds to get him admitted and asked him to go to some other hospital! Then he was admitted in Cherian's hospital..My aunty was telling me, that a similar incident happened to her son as well..When her son had fitz, and was shaking terribly, they rushed to this same hospital, and it seems that the doctor who was supposed to treat was not there in the hospital! I have noticed these things while I was in Chennai..There is no respect for human lives here! My mother's aunty who was like my grandmother was treated in a very bad way when she was in a hospital..She was virtually thrown onto the wheelchair! No respect for individual lives!

I am never bothered about the dirty damaged roads, pollution, etc etc..Infact I always liked it..This gives me a different feel to what I experience in London..I always wanted Chennai to be what it is..I dont want to see posh roads and expensive cars roaming around..But the attitude of people is just sick! They dont care for human lives...The medical facilities are for the rich..I just wonder what the poor people do! At this moment I would like to thank my Bhagwan Sri Sathya Sai Baba for starting the super speciality hospitals in Puttaparthy and Bangalore and providing free treatment, operations for all irrespective of caste,creed and sex. I would like to open up a hospital here in Chennai as well so that the poor people get benefited. But with these ridiculous looking Chief Ministers ruling Tamil Nadu, I dont think that would be feasible!

Some interesting things that I noticed:

1)Suhasini Episode - I wonder what on earth is happening to the tamil people!

2)Shankar lauches a new film with Vadivelu as hero! Its called "Imsai mannan irandam Pulikesi"!!! That was a shocker! Shanker is producing it and some director is directing it!

3)Tamil Murasu is sick! Its another newspaper that is so partial (DMK)! Yesterday they were criticising our Millenium Star Captain Vijayakanth for keeping quiet regarding the Suhasini episode! They were saying he has switched off the mobile phone and is very scared to answer them..all typical bullshit stuff!


I will be meeting Adi today I guess..I couldnt meet him since he was busy yesterday..but today will try to meet him..

13 Comments:

At November 16, 2005 11:31 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

You are going to stay for a month in chennai, nice. I am also taking treament with Viswanath who is in Sundhram Medical Foundation, they are having Muscular Dystrophy Association, i am a member of that association.

when is ur favorite move Dhavamai Davamirunthu release?

Thanks for your call Arjuna.

Have a nice day's

 
At November 16, 2005 1:13 PM, Blogger virdi said...

waakwwwwwwwwwwwww... welcome saar welcome...
V..

 
At November 16, 2005 3:48 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Arjuna,

We read about medical outsourcing and yet look at what you wrote:

"But the attitude of people is just sick! They dont care for human lives...The medical facilities are for the rich..I just wonder what the poor people do! "

I'll comment a little later about the rest, but its a shame that we have such issues like this.!!

 
At November 16, 2005 3:57 PM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

arjuna, there r 2 kinda of hospitals ones which r there to make money and ones which r there to offer treatment to the people and stuff. isabels in mylapore is there for the latter reason its fairly cheap and the treatment is good pretty good (MS was treated there during her last days)
hospitals like PHC west mambalam r there to offer treatment to the poor and stuff, but the places uve mentioned r there for the money. sunduram medical is there to provide cheap medical facilities but i dont know the actual story. miot (cheirans hospital) is there to make money

 
At November 17, 2005 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theriyume thalaiva.. Saravana Bhavan pogama eppadi rendu naal irukka mudiyum? Exercise ellam irukattum.. Namma voor saappattai oru vettu vettittu vanga... UK vandhu gym ellam poikkalam...

 
At November 17, 2005 3:29 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

Adaneh aprohm uk vandhoneh no saravanabhavan no indian food pohlambal - ithulam too much - olunga sapthu enjoy panni vangeh ;p

 
At November 17, 2005 3:47 AM, Blogger Ganesh said...

Arujna

I liked your suda suda report from chennai.
super thambi

Kalakals

 
At November 17, 2005 6:45 AM, Blogger virdi said...

sir, I wrote something about you here

 
At November 17, 2005 8:42 AM, Blogger SongOfSoul said...

Arjuna,
Enjoy ur stay in Chennai.
Yes many things are not up to humanitarian grounds in India. Value of life is lesser in India compared to western countries. It is unfortunate.

And also value of truth is punishment in India. You speak truth, you will get arrest warrant and when woman raises voice and talks facts, all these chameleon men hide under covers, the so called chauvinistic chameleon men. It is a wonder, no one came to back up Kushboo and Suhasini.

But anyways these are part of the system here, so u go have fun and ENJOY,

with best wishes
Suman

 
At November 18, 2005 8:20 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Thanks guys :)..

Parvati - chu kannu vaikathinga :))..I am eating very less compared to what I used to eat! :)) - Its sad to hear the story of ur father! Very sorry :(

 
At November 22, 2005 4:09 AM, Blogger Ram C said...

Surprised to note about the Shankar's own movie...with Vadivelu as hero. Is it a rumour? I didn't see that anywhere in the net...

 
At November 23, 2005 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ..ur blog page makes interesting reading..good keep it up

 
At November 25, 2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Saravana said...

dude when I become the chief minister of TN ... do build the hospital :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home