Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Chennai trip: Monday and Tuesday (14th and 15th November)

Yesterday, I went to the party held by the Indo-Polish Chamber of Commerce & Industry in a very good newly built star hotel in G.N Chetty Road near Hotel Residency. My next door neighbour was invited and he wanted me to accompany him and his son to the party. I didnt want to go, but my mother insisted that I accompany them..so had to go! I hate going to parties!The hotel was awesome!I heard that the hotel was built by a minister who also owns 3 colleges!! I dont know from where they get their money from! I spoke to some of the polish people around and was telling them that my PhD supervisor was also a polish..There was a cocktail party initially. They were serving Kebabs, Chicken tikka, Baby Corn bhajjias, Mushroom manchurian,Badam Gheer, drinks etc.. I just had some chicken tikka and my favourite guava juice. Then there was a buffet and I was just cursing myself since I had my lunch at 6:30 pm in the evening and I wasnt hungry at all. The food looked just awesome! Out of the world! The menu consisted of naans, pulovs, roasted chicken in red wine, crispy fish fry, paneer masala, vegetable manchoorian, bread butter pudding etc.. I just had the fish fry and the bread butter pudding..The fish fry was just awesome!

Today morning went to the Tiruverkadu Karumari Amman temple along with my aunty. She was doing a 108 sanghabhishekam today and so I accompanied her to the temple. Unfortunately, her husband got a mild heart attack! He was admitted in the ICU in Dr. Cherian's heart hospital.. He is undergoing loads of tests...I was thinking that I should also get some tests done especially the treadmill ECG..After the sanghabhishekam, the iyer gave us chakra pongal and puliyodharai. Man, I just love the chakra pongal..Loads of ghee and its too sweet..I can still smell ghee on my fingers.. yum yum ( Kutty priya - vaayir eriyutha :)) )...
I cant stand puliyodharai though :)...

I have decided not to go to any restaurants for this week! I am on a diet now for a week!

I may meet Adi today if he is free :)...Will keep u updated :)

7 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 10:06 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Party poi assaturinga. I also like to eat puliotharai, every time when my dad go to kabalishwarra temple he will bring me Puliotharai and Pongal.

 
At November 15, 2005 1:31 PM, Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

@Arjuna..U eat saapadu ..i need zantac..Grr..

Enjoy ur stay at Chennai !!

 
At November 15, 2005 2:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I have decided not to go to any restaurants this week" - Paarpome! I don't believe it, lets wait and see :)

 
At November 15, 2005 4:39 PM, Blogger Jo said...

A party to start with the India trip! Kewl! :-)

 
At November 16, 2005 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unga posta padicha poramaya irukku! Enjoy your stay!
KJM

 
At November 16, 2005 7:24 AM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Thanks Arjuna for the veyathu erichal.!! LOL :) Just kidding...I am so proud of you.! for taking the time and reporting..like a loyal news reporter.!! Hats off.

Ministers / money / colleges - What can I say.!!

I am glad you are enjoying all those Kovils/Pongals/restaurants/fishes/ etc..etc.!!

I wish your uncle a speedy recovery.!!

 
At November 16, 2005 9:07 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Dear all,
thanks a lot for all ur comments - due to time constraints in sify - I will be not be able to post individual replies to ur comments..please do not mistake me - thanks a lot :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home