Sunday, August 21, 2005

Absent Minded Researcher!

Today I went to my aunty's house in Dulwich. When I returned back home, I had to take the no. 3 bus to Brixton from where I was supposed to take the tube. I was waiting for the bus for 12 minutes and then the bus came. So I took out my ticket and waved at the bus. But the bus didnt stop! Then only I realized that I was standing in the opposite bus stop and waving at the bus in which I was supposed to go!!!! I then had to cross over to the opposite bus stop and take the bus back home after waiting for another 12 minutes!

This incident is quite worrying! My absent mindedness has cost me a lot the past 3 months!
My brand new Volkswago Bora got stolen in the gym because I forgot and left my car key in some treadmill. The car was just 4 weeks old! I bought the car on May 12 and lost the car on June 11th.

The insurance gave me another replacement car and I went and crashed this car (in one week's time), as I was lost in contemplation on the Divine!

Four years back, I got down at Baker Street and took the tube to Oxford Circus, and then again went to the opposite platform and took the tube back to Baker Street! And this time I was lost in contemplation on a JAVA program!

One worst incident was, I asked my best friend his name while we were having lunch in our hostel mess at REC, Trichy! I had been knowing him for three years!

My lecturer at REC, Trichy used to say "Arjuna, you are physically present but mentally absent!", and that seems to be very true. Whenever I talk to people, I get lost in my dreams and I just keep on shaking the head as if I am listening to them..and my friend Shweta once got pissed off and said "Arjuna, you dont listen to me, do you?"...I know girls dont like that! They love to be listened, but I can never do that unfortunately :(..

Are these worrying signs of Alzhemirs? Or are these signs of a famous researcher in the making ? ;) - I dont have a clue!

19 Comments:

At August 21, 2005 8:13 PM, Blogger Kasthuri said...

Arjuna,
Reminds me of the movie memento. The hero in the movie will have a very short lived memory (say abt 5 min or so) and will be writing things in his hand. I hope u don't come to his position :-). Losing a car should have been killing. Sorry to hear abt that.

 
At August 21, 2005 8:24 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Kasthuri - en nelamaya paatha - I may be in that stage soon :)..Losing a car - that too in front of my own eyes is horrid!! :(

 
At August 21, 2005 8:49 PM, Blogger Aatma said...

Arjuna, that was a nice positive spin to being absent minded - famous researcher :)

There are two ways to look at it - u really have a memory problem and need to get it checked up or u are getting immersed in your thoughts so much that u can't keep a handle of whats going on around you ( signs of becoming Anniyan ;) )

Anyways be more careful - now that u know u are having these memory issues, take more care -- don't want to be losing more cars do u ?
:)

 
At August 21, 2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Aatma - he he :))..I do have a multiple personality syndrome as well :))..

Oops I am getting scared now :(..Best thing is not to drive a car!! I am becoming like Amitabh Bhachan in BLACK!! Atleast he gets to kiss Rani M in that film ;) - Me nothing :((

 
At August 21, 2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 21, 2005 9:18 PM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Aatma - I guess I am so immersed in my thoughts - its not a memory problem since I do have a very good memory power :)..I even remember what I ate when I was a three year old kid!! :))

And more than that I do remember all the 13 girls I was in love with ;) - which itself is a big thing :))

 
At August 21, 2005 10:13 PM, Blogger Aatma said...

Hey Arjuna, u seriously should get married man ASAP. Age is taking its toll on you ;)

Remembering old flames :) how can you forget something that is part and parcel of your everyday life.

Till a wife doesn't come, those memories will stay with you.

 
At August 22, 2005 2:27 AM, Blogger krishna said...

ur first incident is pretty much commonplace..I guess lot many ppl do that..but some of the others like contemplating on the divine and ending up with a crashed car definitely are alarming..

take care buddy..

 
At August 22, 2005 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arjuna,

You need to work on this one. You could have put your car keys in the gym locker. Sorry for the incident. Btw, i too used to forget things and my dad used to say its a sheer negligence/carelessness than a absent mindedness. I think, we need to be alert on the things what we are doing at all times.

famous researcher in the making?
good questin ;)

take care...

 
At August 22, 2005 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arjuna,

listen to music and chants from the upanishads..your memory will improve.. don't worry.
btw you ae invited to dwaarakavaasin.blogspot.com on 26th august on account of KRISHNA JAYANTHI 9which falls on 27th)
SARVAM SRIKRISHNAARPANAMASTHU!

 
At August 22, 2005 7:57 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Aatma - that's a nice excuse for getting married :))

 
At August 22, 2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Krishna - thanks buddy :)..Yeah I am taking care nowdays :)

 
At August 22, 2005 7:58 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Sundaresan - thanks for ur comments - yeah I should have put my keys in the locker :(..

 
At August 22, 2005 7:59 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Anand - would definitely do as you say?

Btw do we get any Krishna prasadam on that day ;)

 
At August 22, 2005 8:24 AM, Blogger Chakra said...

btw, when you were at your aunt's place, i called u up from Wembley and was told that you'll return in the night. :)

 
At August 29, 2005 3:00 AM, Blogger Venky Krishnamoorthy said...

arjuna, have you suffered "name amnesia"?. it happens to me, once in a while, and it is very very embarassing.

 
At August 29, 2005 7:01 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

chakra - oops, I just checked ur msg!! sorry!

 
At August 29, 2005 7:02 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

venky - yes :)..I easily forget names!! But funnily, I rarely forget the names of girls!! embarassing!

 
At January 30, 2006 3:24 PM, Blogger Mohanraj C Periyasamy said...

Ghajini story madhiri irukku.. Yaaru antha Asin??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home